- Części Zamienne
10 październik 2012
As we know, there is no problem using the proximity reader Ref.7440 with our PC-Software since it can be connected via Ref.24661 (USB Interface). Its performance with our PC-Softwares is Ok using it as centralized (CAC or Wincom+) as well as standalone (Winprox), and the connection is the same in both cases, only making sure that the USB driver is properly installed.
However, regarding Cityclassic Proximity Readers the standalone version Ref.2263 requires a DB9 Serial Port to connect the reader to our PC. Nowadays, this connector is not usual in PCs, most of all in laptops.
Therefore, if we want to update or extend an existing installation with CityClassic readers using Cityline readers, it is possible that we cannot connect both readers to the same PC (for example, if we are using a laptop) so we will not be able to clone the information between these readers directly.
In this article, we are going to explain how to copy the user’s information from CityClassic Standalone Proximity readers to CityLine/Skyline Proximity readers using Winprox 2.2
We will need the following items to transfer users:
• Ref.2263 – CityClassic Standalone Proximity Reader
• Ref.7440 – CityLine/Skyline Proximity Reader (Set as standalone)
• Ref.24661 – FERMAX USB interface
• PC-Connector – RS-232 to Serial Port. We can use the FERMAX programming cable RJ-11 Ref.2351 or we can get our own cable following the next configuration:
• PCs: We will need at least one PC with a Serial Port RS-232 available.
1. Connect the Ref.2263 to the PC via RS-232 and open Winprox 2.2 Software. Normally, serial port is COM1 in most of PCs. Connect and add the reader to the Software. Check that effectively, it is detected properly by Winprox.
2. Click on Users/Cards and Click on RECEIVE to import users from the reader to Winprox.
3. Once the users have been stored in Winprox, click on “E/I” in order to create an Excel file to export these Users. Then, give a name and save the user’s Excel file.
4. Now, we are going to import this Excel File created to the new reader. We can take and use this Excel file in the same PC or in different PCs.
Connect the Ref.7440 to the PC/Laptop using the USB Interface Ref.24661 and open Winprox 2.2 Software. Check in Windows device manager the number of the COM port related to the USB (in this case, it was COM3). Connect and add the reader to the Software. Check that effectively, it is detected properly by Winprox.
5. Click on Users/Cards and then Click on “E/I” in order to import the created Excel file.
6. Finally, click on SEND. These users will be sent to the Ref.7440 Cityline Reader. A “beep” sound will be heard in the reader indicating that all users have been updated.
Using Winprox 2.2, we can copy all users easily from Cityline to CityClassic proximity readers and viceversa, even using two different computers. This may be interesting due to the fact that nowadays not all PCs have SERIAL PORT connection and not always is possible to connect all the readers to the same PC in an installation.
ANNEX I – CLONE FUNCTION
Apart from the procedure explained above, we could clone the information in these readers if they can be connected to the same PC. Winprox allows to clone the list of users between two different readers although these readers are different (Cityclassic or Cityline).
In that case, we have to connect both readers to the PC using two different COM ports. In our case, COM1 (serial) and COM3 (USB):
Click on CLONE, to copy all users’ information from one reader to the other.
A “beep” will be heard in the reader when this process in finished
ANNEX II – USB Driver
Sometimes, the Cityline 7440 is not being detected by the Winprox Software. Nevertheless, this is normally related to the driver of the USB 24661 installed. On the following link, we have enclosed the driver for this USB Driver. Re-install this driver and test again the connection.
For any further assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch with FERMAX TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT.