- Części Zamienne
28 marzec 2017
This document is a brief introduction about the capabilities and new functions that can be used with the New Display Extra DUOX. As described later on this document the Display Extra adds many new interesting features for the users such as, agenda, communication status information, flexibility for user information representation, additional images and text that can be customized, special access codes, integration with push buttons and access control devices, international time and calendar, etc.
The Display Plus (F07450) is a graphical interface device designed to improve the information visualization of the classic 16 x 2 text display (F07449). It includes a 3.5” TFT color display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and a graphic display capabilities. The Display Plus is used as an agenda to store and search for residents in a building or condominium. This functionality allows the visitor to look for resident apartment number in an intuitive and easy way. With the use of the agenda visitors do not need to remember apartment addresses. In addition to that, the new display informs to the user about the status of the communication.
The Display Plus is an intuitive software that permits the user to easily program and upload/download users from the Display Plus agenda.
The Display Plus is available only for DUOX systems and it is always connected to the DUOX amplifier.
The new Display Plus implements many new and attractive functionalities resulting on a versatile device that provides extra security, information and usability for the users.
• It includes a non-volatile memory that can store up to 10.000 Users that are identified by name and apartment number. Apartment number can also be repeated allowing to add several users to the same apartment.
• The resulting agenda user list is sorted by name in alphabetic order, independently of the apartment number.
• There is a possibility to show a list of users in the agenda in four names per screen or just one name per screen with the possibility to show additional information. The list of users can be scrolled down or scrolled up with the arrow keys of the display.
• The agenda includes a field dedicated to show addition information per user, so as well as the name and apartment number extra information can be shown on the Display Extra during a call, when the door is opened or while the user is searching for a resident in the directory.
• If for some reason a user does not want to appear in the agenda, the system administrator can be set this user as invisible so the name of the user will not be shown in the agenda.
• Calls to certain apartments/users can also be configured as restricted, making then, impossible for the visitors to call a restricted apartment.
• Call mapping is possible, allowing several combinations regarding digits and letters can be used for practically any calling scheme, for example 1A01, A1, 2B1, etc.
• Alphanumeric keypad features transform a standard numeric keypad in an alphabetic keypad. The alphabetic characters are typed in the same manner as in traditional mobile phones, that is by pressing repeatedly to the same key.
• Multilanguage and multialphabet the display in up to 28 languages with the possibility to customize all the text messages with up to 2 custom languages. The alphabet also changes depending on the selected language.
• Secondary keypad and up to 8 push buttons integration is now possible. With the use of the new Display Plus, the traditional keypad 7457 presents for the keypad to be alphanumeric or even the addition of a secondary keypad to extend the range of characters for call mapping integration from A to L. Also, there is a possibility to add an extra 8 push buttons for direct call to certain DUOX addresses or apartments.
• There is a possibility to Customized messages and images that can be used to represent general information regarding the building or condominium, advertising, general indications, etc.
• Broadcast or individual personalized messages to the residents. The concierge with a personal keypad code can enter into a menu in order to leave messages to residents. After the message is written by the concierge, upon a valid access code (keypad or proximity card) the message will be displayed on the screen of the Display Extra.
• Personal keypad access code per user integrated on the agenda. This is a personal access code that each user can have to grant access to the building or condominium. Access codes can of course be repeated.
• Access control integration DataClock and Wiegand compatible. The Display Extra is able to interface with proximity reader 7440 and fingerprint reader.
• The Panel status information and icons.
• The software Display Plus can be used to create and manage users and program some parameters in the Display Extra.
3 Customizing the Display Presentation
The Display Plus allows the installer to configure a carrousel of customized pictures that will be shown in standby. By default, some images are alternated, with the preconfigured cadence of three seconds, containing some instructions that guide the visitor how to make a call. Additionally, if the building or condominium name has been configured, an additional screen with the name of the building is included in the carrousel. The system also includes five factory images stored by default that are ready to use. Image 1 corresponds to FERMAX logo and cannot be modified, although images 2, 3, 4 and 5 can be replaced by custom images and downloaded to the Display Extra using the free PC software Display Plus. These images need to be of a specific 320 x 240 pixels with 16bits depth 565 RGB format. Any picture can be converted to this format with drawing or image processing freeware tools such as GIMP 2.
If more than one image is enabled (up to 5 in total), these are added sequentially to the carrousel of images.
4 How to make a call
There are several ways to make a call to a resident thanks to the interface of the Display Plus, giving the visitors flexibility and different possibilities to make a call.
4.1 Direct Call
The Direct Call is the traditional dialing method used in classic direct panels or digital panels with the old 7449. The user enters into this operation mode by pressing any numeric key from 0 to 9 on the main keyboard. To implement a direct call, the visitor should type the DUOX address of the desired apartment followed by the Bell button.
4.2 Mapped Call
This call mode is activated via a local menu option. The mapping consists of performing the conversion of the unit number to make the assignment of call codes easier and more flexible.
For example, John Smith house number is 120345, and he is assigned the 12G call code, which is easier to remember and can be more consistent to match it with blocks number for example. The Display recognizes "12G" as John Smith call code, consults the corresponding housing number (120345) and finally launches the call to this house. In this mode, it is allowed to enter letters in the calling code, for example codes like 12A, 5C, H27. To do this, you can use the main keyboard in alphanumeric mode, or the secondary keyboard (letters [A..L]).
With mapped call, if the alphanumeric keypad is not activated, only letters can be entered using the secondary keypad ([A..L]).
If the mapped call function is activated as well as the alphanumeric keypad, then the direct call display shows the layout of the characters on each key, and you can enter characters using the main keyboard in alphanumeric mode. This alphabet will be accorded to the selected language, for example Cyrillic in if the language is Russian or Latin if the language is Spanish.
4.3 By name Call
The “By name Call” is accessed by pressing "B" in the standby state, or by pressing any alphanumeric key ([0..9], [A..L]) in the name list. To do this, the alphanumeric keypad must be enabled and the agenda should not be empty.
To insert a letter, the user must quickly press the key corresponding to the desired letter, in the same way as it was done in mobile phone keyboards. For example, in the case of a Latin alphabet, key 2-> A, B, C; Key 3 -> letter D, E, F ... Upon stopping the key pressing, the selected letter is inserted and the next character is selected. The first name beginning with the selected letter is displayed. The search can be narrowed down of filtered by selecting new letters using the keyboard, up to a total of 4 letters.
The selected characters can be deleted by pressing the [A] key.
The Display Plus allows to store up to 10000 users in nom-volatile memory, including public information such as name, address, call code and additional information and private parameters aimed to use access control features, concierge messages and restricted call.
If there are users already stored in the directory, the names are displayed on the screen. The installer can select whether the names are displayed four by four or one by one. The agenda names are supported only uppercase, lowercase letters are not supported. Names are listed in alphabetically order and special characters are shown at the end.
In the 1 name per screen mode, name and extra information is shown along with the name. By default, the call code is displayed and if the call code is not defined, then the DUOX address is shown. If a particular user has field “show additional information” enabled in the agenda, then the text will be showed along with the name.
If that particular user is set to display additional information when calling, the information will be displayed during the call setup. The additional information can be a text and/or an image. In the case of setting both, the text will be displayed first for a couple of seconds and then the image. The system can accommodate 10 images in total for additional user information, and includes 10 default images ("Insert your image here"). Customized images can be uploaded to the Display Extra using PC software Display Plus.
The Display Extra only shows names that correspond to apartments of the range allowed by the panel: general, block or sub-block. Users marked as invisible and/or filtered are not displayed in the calendar.
If multiple users have the same name, the entry on the agenda will be repeated, that is, repeated names will appear, but each entry will have different address number and/or additional information.
6 Access Control
Custom access control allows each user to have personal access credentials, including keyboard code, proximity card. The system is compatible with Wiegand and Data-Clock readers such us Ref. 7440 proximity reader and Ref. 6936 fingerprint reader.
For access control, each user can have two credentials simultaneously: keyboard code and proximity. It is possible to configure the same keyboard code for several different users.
If an invalid code is typed five consecutive times, the access control functionality using keyboard code will be blocked for one minute. All other functions will continue to function normally.
Access control via keyboard code can be disabled. In this case, pressing the key [A] does not show the keyboard code screen, and users can only access control with a proximity card. Likewise, the installer, administrator or concierge can only access the configuration menu using proximity cards, if previously configured. However, there is still another way to access the setup menu: in the REST state, press and hold the [B] key for 5 seconds, after which the programming code (5 digits) is requested. This method allows access to the configuration menu if keyboard access is disabled, but does not allow keyboard access control for users.
Increased security can be achieved with “prox + pin” function. If the PIN code request is activated, the corresponding screen is displayed after presenting the proximity card instead of opening the door. PIN length in this case is always 4 digits.
7 Special Codes
Additionally, to the user personal access control code described above, the Display Extra includes an installer code with privileges to configure all parameters. There is also an administrator programming code used to just manage users, add, edit and remove but with no permissions to modify any other parameters. Finally, the last programming code is the concierge code that is used to leave messages for all or particular residents. After this programming code is entered a screen with limited characters appears, the concierge then can use the alphanumeric keypad to enter the desired message. The message is shown when the user accesses with proximity card or access code. After the message is shown on the screen is automatically erased afterwards.
Note that the above programming codes must be preceded by the general programing code “AB21AB”.
The postman code is not a programming code, it is like a standard user code with the peculiarity that allow access within a particular window of time, for example from 9:00 to 15:00.
8 Time and Calendar
The Display Extra offers the possibility to update the time automatically according to the summer or winter time change and according to both the European or American scheme.
During daylight saving time, the clock automatically advances one hour.
The official date of daylight saving time changes depends on the scheme used, in Europe the summer time is set the last Sunday of March and the winter time is set the last Sunday in October. In USA, the summer time is set the second Sunday of March and the Winter time is set the first Sunday of November.
The official time of the change is always from 01:00 to 02:00 in the summer and from 02:00 to 01:00 in the winter on the meridian 0 (UTC time).
9 Night time
In DUOX systems it is possible to define a night time during which the volume of the audio functions is reduced to a predefined value.
A start time, an end time, and a volume level (0-9) are set. From the start time to the end time, the volume of the sounds emitted by the panel (beep, ring tone, etc.) are reduced to the set value.
If the end time is earlier than the start time, it is understood to refer to the next day. For example: start 22:00, end 07:00, the plate will operate in night mode from 10 at night until 7 in the morning.
If the start time is equal to the end time, the function is deactivated. By default, both are set to 00:00, so the panel works at normal volume levels all the time.
10 Push buttons
The Display Extra must always be connected to an amplifier, and requires a main keyboard to configure and to be able to use most of its functions. Other peripherals can be connected are proximity reader Ref. 7440 and fingerprint reader Ref. 6936 and pushbuttons (up to 8), a secondary keypad.
11 Status Information
The graphical interface existing in the Display Plus shows the status of the conversation by means of intuitive icons and some text, describing the status of the conversation or the communication channel.
12 Display Plus Software
The Display Plus software is a PC application with the aim of exchanging data with the Display Extra. With this software tool, it is possible to perform different operations with the Display Extra, making the Display Plus software work as a tool to facilitate the installer in some of the most tedious tasks that must be performed over a keypad otherwise. Some of the operations highlighted that can be performed with the Display Plus on a Display Extra are:
· Reading and writing various configuration parameters of the Display Extra:
o Call parameters.
o Access control parameters.
o Screen parameters.
o Clock parameters.
· Send/receive a directory (list of users), edited on a PC.
· Various operations on the Display Extra:
o Communication Test with the Display Extra.
o Set date and time o Loading images.
o Customizing languages.
o Updating Firmware for Display Extra.
Communication between the Display Plus and Display Extra are done via a RS485 bus. Note that the Display Plus requires access to the RS485 bus via a serial port that is visible from the operating system as a «COM Port». Display Plus uses a database where it stores the information to keep:
· The different logins that the application can execute.
· Configuration settings for each login (language and COM port).
· The different sites in which they are working.
· The different Directories that each site has with the list of corresponding users. It also presents the option of importing and exporting data to different file types, with which you can store information of various forms. Finally, you have the «backup» option to save all of your information in a single file that later can be restored in the application.
As described in this article the new Display Extra DUOX offers many new features that we beleive might be of great interest to you. We hope you find this article useful for you, should you have doubts or queries please do not hesitate to contact FERMAX After Sales Department.